Best Biotech Stock to Invest in for 2013
The Biotech sector on Wall Street is an up and coming sector due to the wealth of technology and research capabilities that are available in this day and age. Companies are now able to make ground breaking vaccines and treatments from “bio” ingredients, mainly derived from different types of plants. The benefits associated with using medicine made from green materials is that it carries less harmful side effects, less addictions and a produces a faster recovery time. The possibilities of scoring big in the biotech sector are in your favor as the medicine world hastily progresses with its innovations and perpetual discoveries. Here are 10 biotech stock companies that are making waves in the medical world.
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM)- Peregine deals with cancer research and developing antibodies to battle infections. Stock peaked in September, 2012 and seems to be on its way back up again.
- Raptor Pharmaceuticals Corp. (RPTP)- Currently making new treatment options available to patients with several type of diseases; they are also interested in speeding the recovery process.
- Æterna Zentaris Inc.(AEZS)- Makes specific drug treatments for a variety of disorders and diseases, such as colorectal cancer and adult growth hormone deficiency.
- PharmAthene, Inc. (PIP)- Concentrates on defense against biological warfare.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (BMRN)- International company distributing medication for serious diseases. With it’s successful treatments and international presence, it presents itself as a positive investment.
- Celgene Corporation (CELG)- Distributes medication for various types of cancers and diseases throughout the United States and Europe.
- Affymax, Inc. (AFFY)- Affymax makes drugs to treat conditions like chronic kidney disease and anemia. The stock has been steadily growing throughout 2012.
- Dyax Corp. (DYAX)- Focuses on treatments for conditions that are caused by a specific bacteria. The stock has been continually rising.
- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (CYTX)- Concentrates on cell therapies and develops ways to repair tissues.
- Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD)- Worldwide distributor of medicines that treat life threatening diseases like HIV. The stock is on a continuous rise.
By: Eva Cantillo