- Amazon Will Publish Fan Fiction in Kindle Store $AMZNPosted 7 hours ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Sold 10 million Units in Less Than One MonthPosted 7 hours ago
- Top 10 MicroCap Stocks With Highest ReturnPosted 10 hours ago
- Chipotle Now Labels Ingredients: Exposes GMOs Used $CMGPosted 1 day ago
- BlackBerry Will Offer BBM For Other Devices $BBRYPosted 1 day ago
Breaking Dawn – Part 2 tops box office charts on opening weekend
Paula David – Fourth Estate Cooperative Reporter
Los Angeles, CA, United States (4E) – ‘Breaking Dawn Part 2,’ the last leg of multi-billion dollar Twilight Franchise, has topped the box office charts on its opening weekend.
Garnering an estimated $141.3 million in North America theaters alone, it bagged the top spot, which was previously held by latest Bond film ‘Skyfall.’ Moreover, it is ranked the eighth in among the highest grossing films upon domestic opening of all time.
However, despite the tremendous opening weekend success, ‘Breaking Dawn Part 2′ lags behind one of its successors, ‘New Moon,’ which has raked in $142.8 million on its opening weekend. It is however ahead of its most recent predecessor, ‘Breaking Dawn Part 1,’ which has grossed $138.1 million on its opening.
Second on the weekend box office chart is ‘Skyfall,’ with $41.5 million, followed by ‘Lincoln’ with $21 million. Next is animation ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ with over $18.3 million and Paramount’s ‘Flight’ with $8.6 million. Staying on the chart after several weeks are ‘Argo’ with $4 million and ‘Taken 2′ with $2.1 million.