- Yahoo Buys Gaming Platform PlayerScale – $YHOOPosted 4 hours ago
- The Windows 8 Tablet Are The New iPad – $MSFT $AAPLPosted 7 hours ago
- Amazon Will Publish Fan Fiction in Kindle Store $AMZNPosted 1 day ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Sold 10 million Units in Less Than One MonthPosted 1 day ago
- Top 10 MicroCap Stocks With Highest ReturnPosted 1 day ago
The Ups And Downs Of American Apparel $APP
Incredible Q4 Reports For Domestic Clothing Brand American Apparel $APP
From almost facing bankruptcy about two years ago, to being accused of pornography American Apparel has kept our attention as being loyal to the American fashionista. They are a provider of domestically made, labor-friendly fashionable clothes in many locations across the U.S. and internationally. The thought of their almost falling out of business a few years ago is a dim memory because the company is showing that it’s performing better than ever; making a profit for the first time since 2010.
American Apparel is considered a small retail company with a market cap under $140 million. Their Q4 2012 earnings revealed a $17.8 million income compared to Q4 2011 which came in at $9.1 million. Online sales were also up 11% in Q4, contributing to a 42% increase for the entire year in digital sales. The year’s closing shows American Apparel’s current and future momentum and ability for growth. Since January, the stock has risen from under $1.20 to about $1.65. Sales for 2013 are expected to be between $625 and $660 million.