- Yahoo Buys Gaming Platform PlayerScale – $YHOOPosted 2 days ago
- The Windows 8 Tablet Are The New iPad – $MSFT $AAPLPosted 2 days ago
- Amazon Will Publish Fan Fiction in Kindle Store $AMZNPosted 2 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Sold 10 million Units in Less Than One MonthPosted 3 days ago
- Top 10 MicroCap Stocks With Highest ReturnPosted 3 days ago
Stock Exchanges US & Canada
Stock Exchanges, Stock Markets:
- NYSE Euronext
- NASDAQ Stock Market
- OTC Bulletin Board
- Run by FINRA, the only requirement for a company to be listed here is that they be reporting their audited figures to the government on a regular basis.
- OTC Markets (Main Page)
- OTCQX (Premium quotation trading and disclosure service.)
- OTCQB (Companies reporting their audited figures to the SEC.)
- OTC Pink (Companies choose the level of information they provide to investors and may have current, limited or no public disclosure.)
- Grey Market (These securities do not have bid or ask quotations. They tend to be relatively illiquid. Broker-dealers must report Grey Market trades to FINRA, so trade data is available on otcmarkets.com.
- National Stock Exchange (formerly Cincinnati Stock Exchange)
- Chicago Stock Exchange
- Nadex – North American Derivatives Exchange
- BATS Global Markets
- Montreal Exchange (Derivatives market.)
- TMX Group (Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange.)
- Canadian National Stock Exchange
- Bourse de Montral
- Nasdaq Canada
|Alternative Trading Platforms: ATSs, ECNs, Crossing Networks:|
ATS stands for Alternative Trading System. ECN stands for Electronic Communication Network. ATS is the more general term. All ECNs are ATSs but not all ATSs are ECNs. Although many of these systems are bought by, or become, stock exchanges, this is not always the case. A Crossing Network (Dark Pool) is an ATS that matches buy and sell orders electronically but does not make the quote public. Below are some of the leading alternative trading systems.
- Bloomberg Tradebook
- SIGMA X at Goldman Sachs
- Posit Marketplace at ITG
- Advanced Trading — Has a comprehensive list of ECNs and Crossing Networks.
|Charts, Quotes and More:|
- The Canadian equivalent of EDGAR.
- Free Stock Charts — You will need to install Microsoft’s Silverlight to see the charts.
- PC Quote.
- Money.net streaming real-time quotes.
- Televent DTN
- Jadco Financial Services Corp.
- E*TRADE Securities, Inc.
- CNN Money
- Investors.com — The Investors’ Business Dailiy Website. You will need to install Microsoft’s Silverlight to see the charts.
- E-Gate Mobile at Alpha Trade — subscribe for real-time data on your mobile phone.